February 2017 Newsdumpster
What Are Our Names Again? So Great That No One is For to Give Us Pain.
The first month of our 2017 Further West Tour is now done, with a mere five to go. As usual, we had a splendid time in Florida, albeit abbreviated due to our impending tour of New Zealand next month. February will be spent mostly in the desert that is the American southwest. We love it here. Sure, it has some things in common with our home in Vermont, such as oxygen and the passage of time; otherwise, it's a different freaking planet. Here are a few of our favorite deserty things:
- Spelled almost like dessert, which we love equally.
- Tumbleweeds are real.
- The dry air makes Rebecca's hair straight and manageable.
- The dry air makes Ken's skin leathery and good for shoe making.
- Traditional Pueblo Revival architecture is made out of adobe, which is a kind of mud, but not like Vermont mud-season mud, which is used to make ruts.
- Hot springs--they make water heaters seem like a cruel joke.
- Chiles come in green and red and you find them in everything from burgers to ice cream.
- Some people like to hug trees. Some people like to hug other people. Some cactuses look like people. Do not hug them.
- They have mesas. You can run up one side, and down the other. Go ahead--we'll wait here.
Our first of what are bound to be several Further West photo albums is here.
Relieved to get through a news story without wanting to kill yourself by the end? Please visit Hungrytown.net or Facebook.com/hungrytown, to enjoy more issue-free reading. Unless you visit our Facebook personal pages, which would be at your own peril.
|Please "Like" us on Facebook, even if you don't "like" us.|
PLEASE SEE OUR CONCERT CALENDAR FOR THE NEXT FIVE WEEKS BELOW. SEE OUR ONLINE CALENDAR FOR MORE COMPLETE AND UPDATED
Thursday, February 2, 6:30 p.m.
Pecos County Civic Center
1674 Airport Dr.
Fort Stockton, TX 79735
Concert sponsored by the Fort Stockton Public Library and the H. Edward Petsch Arts & Music Memorial.
Friday, February 3, 7:00 PM
Alpine Public Library
805 W. Avenue E
Alpine, TX 79830
Sunday, February 5, 7:30 PM
Art of the Song Coffeehouse
5500 San Mateo Bl NE, Suite 108
Admission: $20. To reserve a seat, please email Katie at email@example.com
Tuesday, February 7, 6:30 PM
Esther Bone Memorial Library
950 Pinetree Rd SE
Rio Rancho, NM 87124
Friday, February 10, 7:00 PM
4616 S. Shields St.
Fort Collins, CO 80526
Tuesday, February 14, 6:00 PM
East Morgan County Library
500 Clayton Street
Brush, CO 80723
Wednesday, February 22, 6:00 PM
St. Johns Public Library
35 South 3rd West
St. Johns, AZ 85936
Saturday, February 25, 2:00 PM
Torrance Public Library
3301 Torrance Blvd.
Torrance, CA 90503
Sunday, February 26, 10:30 AM
Sepulveda Unitarian Universalist Society
9550 Haskell Ave.
North Hills, CA 91343
Friday, 3 March, 6:00 PM
56 Sophia Street
Phone: 03 687 7202
Saturday 4 March, 7:30 PM
The New Edinburgh Folk Club
950 Dundas St.
Sunday, 5 March, 7:30 PM
The Christchurch Folk Club
The Irish Society Hall
29 Domain Terrace
Tickets: members $8.00; non-members $12.00; students $5.00.
Think you can get rid of us that easily? Think again--way more shows here.